Earn a Degree in Business Administration
The USCB Business Administration degree focuses on the traditional business areas of accounting, economics, finance, management, and marketing and their roles in implementing business strategies. The program strives to enhance student understanding of the dynamics of today's global economy and competitive forces. An integrative approach is employed stressing leadership, ethics, interpersonal skills, and technological competence in a critical thinking context. Real-world skills are developed which allow our graduates to contribute to their future employers in for-profit, non-profit and government organizations, as well as their local and global community.
- Program Goals
- Understand and apply basic business concepts in a global economy.
- Attain quantitative and qualitative reasoning to analyze data and make informed, ethical business decisions.
- Demonstrate effective management and leadership skills.
- Communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business terminology and the basic theoretical concepts in the business disciplines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical development of business practices.
- Integrate and utilize concepts from fundamental business courses (Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, and Marketing) to construct strategically sound and ethical decisions in a global economy.
- Explain the major theoretical approaches to the study of human behavior relevant to business.
- Lead others by properly utilizing reward schedules, by establishing and reinforcing a worthy vision for the organization and by setting forth and establishing appropriate goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct an effective business analysis and prepare a written report with recommendations based on this analysis.
- Effectively utilize technology resources to perform management functions such as financial analysis, scheduling, production work flows and database storage and retrieval.
- Conduct business research using major library databases, business journals, and business reference resources.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and deliver a professional business presentation.